[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 15:42:05 EDT 2009

Could you show me where I've affirmed those "Gnostic" views? I believe that I've merely asked what Milton's answer to Satan's question is.

Perhaps you misunderstood when I said that since Satan is raising the question as to whether the Christian God is the true God, then Milton is raising the question, too.

I think that Milton is raising the question in a devil's advocate manner by having Satan bring Eve to ask herself the same question -- which means that Milton is also presenting the question to us.

Does he answer it . . . or simply expect us to answer it ourselves?

Jeffery Hodges