[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:16:53 EDT 2009

Yes.  That's Milton, of course.  Not necessarily any of his characters.
Raphael might argue with Satan for Adam and Eve's sake, but from an angelic
perspective the issue is either already decided, or one is a fallen angel,
and the fact of Satan's fallenness at the opening of the poem signals his
lack of divinity.  Does an omnipotent God lose a battle?

Do you really think Milton was a gnostic?

Jim R