[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 15:31:31 EDT 2009

Jim Rovira wrote:

"This reasoning assumes that God is indeed God, of course, which is an assumption that I think Milton held."

But it's an assumption that Satan questions, and brings Eve to question, so Milton must be raising the issue, too. Satan and his fallen companions are shown openly questioning whether or not the God who has defeated them is truly God -- or merely a superior angel who happened to come into being before the rest of them and thereby had an advantage.

What answer does Milton provide to this question?

Jeffery Hodges