[Milton-L] Re: Eve seeking temptation

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 13:39:38 EDT 2009

Thanks very much for your useful contribution to this discussion,
David. What I'd like to add is that we can employ reason to conclude
that God's commands must be obeyed because they are from God, but that
once we use reason to consider the possibility of disobedience, we
have already lost, as we are employing reason to consider a
possibility that reason dictates should not be considered.  We will
always come to a wrong conclusion when we ask questions that are wrong
to begin with.

This reasoning assumes that God is indeed God, of course, which is an
assumption that I think Milton held.