[Milton-L] Is Eve seeking temptation?

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:10:25 EDT 2009

Kierkegaard discussion innocence as ignorance at length in Concept of
Anxiety and addresses these concerns.  The real sticking point with
him is not lack of knowledge itself, because clearly the bottom line
is that Eve does or does not eat the fruit, and she knows that God
told her not to eat the fruit.  Or, rather, it is with lack of
knowledge, but only because that lack provokes anxiety, and anxiety
leads us to grasp something concrete, finite, known -- like a fruit
promising knowledge.

Jim R