[Milton-L] "The liveliest pair"

Dennis Danielson danielso at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 21 09:59:25 EDT 2009

My most embarrassing slip of the knife (so to speak) came some years ago
when I was reading Book 7 aloud to students and my rogue tongue uttered
Milton's lines as if he had written:

Then staid the fervid Wheeles, and in his hand
He took the golden Compasses, prepar'd
In Gods Eternal store, to circumcise
This Universe, and all created things

DD