[Milton-L] Help with a pedagogical question

alan horn alanshorn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:11:23 EDT 2009

> I would say again that it isn't a claim, but rather a fact, that the Western
> calendar is now the world's common calendar.

I would agree, but what makes it so is not mere convention. It's a
reflection of the fact that world capitalism is centered in the West
(plus Japan).

Whether after the revolution we'll stick with the traditional system
or adopt some other one or start over with year one will have to be
decided by whatever international body is constituted to handle such
matters. I'm sure it will be an interesting debate.

Until then pretending to be inclusive is an empty gesture at best.

Alan H.