[Milton-L] Help with a pedagogical question

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Thu Oct 1 14:33:30 EDT 2009

.  I can predict, for instance, that I will get 3-5 papers on The Dream of the Rood arguing that it's a Christian poem (well, duh! but what kind? and why?) or, worse, collapsing all differences between the original culture and their own particular denominational assumptions,.\

I used to regularly get at least one paper accusing the writer of Roman Catholic Idolotry [and I taught the soph survey every single semester from forever].
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU, ret.
JMU Safe Zones supporter