[Milton-L] Help with a pedagogical question

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at mail.as.miami.edu
Thu Oct 1 12:11:27 EDT 2009

I've long felt the same discomfort--for the same reasons--with the
switch from BC/AD to BCE/CE, though it must be said that there's a
difference between BC and AD.  Before Christ may "pin the division to
Christ without requiring an implicit identification with Christ."
It's less easy to say the same of Anno Domini.  I think I might be
more comfortable with AC (After Christ).

Jeffrey Shoulson

Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of English and Judaic Studies
University of Miami
PO Box 248145
Coral Gables, FL 33124-4632

(o) 305-284-5596