[Milton-L] Help with a pedagogical question

Richard Yoder rpyoder at ualr.edu
Thu Oct 1 11:00:34 EDT 2009

Speaking as one raised Catholic but converted to Judaism, I am not troubled by the student's use of "Christ" in the conclusion.  In context, the student seems to be discussing primarily the role of "Christ" (or messiah), more than the historical Jesus, and I think that's in keeping with Herbert.  Would it be better if the student referred to "the Christ"?

Paul Yoder