[Milton-L] Book Announcement

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Tue Jul 14 13:47:42 EDT 2009

Apologies for this bit of self-promotion, but I hope that the following will be of interest to the members of the list:

I'm delighted to announce that my book, Milton and Maternal Mortality, is now available from Cambridge University Press in the U.K., and that copies will be available in North America later in the summer.

You can read samples from a scan of the book (and either order or preorder a copy) at the CUP website:

U.K.:

http://www3.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521896382

U.S.:

http://www3.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=052189638X

Samples can also be accessed at various on-line booksellers:

Amazon (UK):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Milton-Maternal-Mortality-Louis-Schwartz/dp/052189638X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247591906&sr=1-1

Amazon (US):

http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Maternal-Mortality-Louis-Schwartz/dp/052189638X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247591877&sr=1-1

Amazon (Canada):

http://www.amazon.ca/Milton-Maternal-Mortality-Louis-Schwartz/dp/052189638X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247592066&sr=1-1

The acknowledgments contain many thanks to many of you out there, including a general one to the list and to Kevin Creamer for dreaming up the idea of an internet discussion devoted to Milton back in the early 90's.  The discussions here have helped me in innumerable ways over the years.  So, again, let me say thank you to all of you for keeping this virtual community going.  I hope that you'll find the book useful and interesting.

All the best,

Louis

Louis Schwartz

Associate Professor of English