[Milton-L] Balachandra Rajan

Judith Herz jherz at alcor.concordia.ca
Sat Jan 24 12:28:46 EST 2009

Dear John
Thanks SOOO much.  Your words are so just and moving.  I remember the tribute session for him at the MLA some 10+ years ago.  There were several fine papers about him and his work and then he spoke in response with such immense generosity about the work not just of those speakers but of the many Milton scholars whose work he knew so well. There were tears in many eyes when he finished.
A remarkable, remarkable scholar and excellent human being.

Judith Herz