[Milton-L] De Doctrina Christiana

Michael Bryson michael.bryson at csun.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:10:18 EST 2009

Well, since you bring up Erasmus, I'll mention
Luther (though he is certainly not before the
Reformation). Luther certainly made such a
distinction when (in The Babylonian Captivity of the
Church) he referred to the figure we now call
Pseudo-Dionysius as "more of a Platonist than a
Christian."

Michael Bryson