[Milton-L] The Gnostic Milton

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:20:39 EST 2009

Hi Jeffery

I lent out Nuttall's book some time ago and haven't got it back, so I
can't check.  But my recollection is that he identifies the father
with the Creator god (ignorant or wicked).  This alternative version
of the trinity is in N's presentation implied by gnosticism, not an
explicit part of it--an inferred structure that a reader bred in the
Christian tradition might draw from what church fathers had written
about gnostic tenets.

Sorry I can't be more confident in reply.

John