[Milton-L] Thank you (NYPL)

dario gomez darioeg at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:07:49 EST 2009

Dear all,

Just a line to thank you for all the links you have sent me about Milton's quotation. I am also very glad to see that my comment has provoked certain activity in the group in connection with the meaning of the quote. Definitely, the beauty of all the rhetorical tricks he uses in Areopagitica is a wonderful opportunity for us to discuss about the deepness of his words and the controversy surrounding his political tract. After reading all your witty comments, I do not know whether my comment is going to sound little academic or too simple but to me, it means that a good book, lasts forever.

Thank you very much to all again.
Dario