[Milton-L] Areopagitica in the NYPL

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 17:30:00 EST 2009

Martin, thanks for the links anyway, whoever you may be, and here are some more for the Milton List -- posted to my blog in a comment from Malcolm Pollack:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2009/02/john-milton-good-booke.html

That doorway (which happens to be a mere two blocks from my office) is the entry to the Main Reading Room:

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/manhattan/midtown/nypl/readingroom.jpg

 from the Catalog Room:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KNwSiQHfOQs/RuTGg_F84-I/AAAAAAAAA-Y/xHtD0hths5c/s400/nyc%2Bcatalogue%2Broom.jpg

Many thanks to Malcolm for these images. He's the same man who helped get Google to restore my blog to the internet within a week of its removal by Google for reasons still unexplained:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2009/01/return-of-native-hardy-gypsy-scholar-is.html

Was it something I said? Google didn't say.

Jeffery Hodges