[Milton-L] An afternoon with a reknowned Milton antiquarian book & art collector about that "Gentle Madness" of collecting

Yuko Nii wahcenter at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 10:23:41 EST 2009

 From Terrance:

Thank you for your interest. Peter Dizozza has composed several pieces
for Paradise Lost. I suspect that he will have them on CD for sale at
our Mini Milton Fest on May 10th.  Will will also have some
collectible items (postcards, etc.) in memory of the day we honor Dr.
Wickenheiser.

I would like to point out that significant  book collectors of
Wickenheiser's stature are are a rarity. So, the opportunity to
actually meet and talk with him will an honor fro our audience.
Combine this with  the composers and others we have on that day, makes
this event quite unique and memorable, to my mind somewhat akin to
when Blake, Mary Shelley, and other radicals gathered. I hope many of
you will come. You will be able to get autographs by all of the
luminaries at that time. Dr. Wickenheiser's catalogue for his
collection, which is a major research document, will be available too.
It should be in every university library. The collection is at SCU
thanks, in part , to an intervention by Professor Roy Flannagan of our
Milton List.

There is a DVD available on Ebay which has my original 1979 paintings
and the complete score to "Incidental Music to Paradise Lost" by
Dizozza.
Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270310265268

I recommend that you all read "A Gentle Madness" by Nicholas A.
Basbanes before you come to the event. It is enlightening. A
rollicking story on the history of book collecting madness.

I am currently looking into issues of Fish's "Temptations."" in HOW
MILTON WORKS. A lot of interesting new ideas come up in the exercise.
Probably will get a chance to bounce some ideas around at the luncheon.