[Milton-L] Areopagitica in the NYPL

James Fleming jfleming at sfu.ca
Mon Feb 9 15:18:08 EST 2009

During my M.Phil oral exam (in the U.S.) I cited that U of T inscription, specifically the part about a strong man shaking his locks after sleep. A certain very well-known and eminent Spenser scholar on my committee, for whom I have nothing but respect and affection, responded, involuntarily, "_in Canada_?" JDF