[Milton-L] Areopagitica in the NYPL

dario darioeg at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:58:26 EST 2009

Dear all,

As you may remember, I am writing about certain aspects of Areopagitica that I consider important in our century. I am paying special attention to the importance of using wisely our freedom to read for sheer pleasure any kind of book, even those whose ideas are not appealing to us or whose concepts go very much against what we have always believed in. Anyway, somebody in the forum told me (I do not remember who)that there is a display at the entrance of the New York Public Library with Milton´s quote: "A good book is the precious lifeblood of a master spirit, embalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life". Several weeks ago I contacted the NYPL and they sent me this link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17579/17579-h/17579-h.htm

However, this is not exactly the photograph that I am looking for. Could anybody tell me where to find the photograph of the display at the NYPL?

Thank you very much

Dario Gomez (Warsaw)