[Milton-L] two questions

spender at uwindsor.ca spender at uwindsor.ca
Wed Apr 29 12:54:21 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I am turning to Milton for the next month or so, and have two questions. I
haven't been on this list in some time, so please forgive the following if
queries if they have been explored recently.

First, a question for a student: is there any scholarly work that concerns
pain in Paradise Lost?  I pointed her to Lieb's Milton and Violence, but
don't know the secondary literature intimately enough for other
suggestions.

Second, a question for my own work: is there any scholarship on Adam's
interpretation of Eve's dream in book five of PL?  I have read David Aers'
piece in Peter Brown's collection Reading Dreams, but am curious if any of
the illustrious members of Milton-L might direct me to other sources.

With all best wishes,
Stephen

Stephen Pender, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, English
Director, Humanities Research Group
Research Leadership Chair, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
t: 519.253.3000 [3507] f: 519.971.3620 e: spender at uwindsor.ca