[Milton-L] Fetishizing Greatness, was Re: Is Paradise Lost

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:30:26 EDT 2009

One last bit about the poetic nature of the Tractatus.  I said earlier
that Wittgenstein's "drawing of a cube [in proposition] 5.5423
deserves special attention."  I realize now that if you were to take
this drawing of a cube and give it line breaks consistent with modern
poetry:

____________
____________
____________
____________
____________
____________

you'd have a poem roughly akin to most of Billy Collins's or Charles
Bukowski's work, though lacking some of their charm.

Thanks very much for you indulgence.  I think I'll stop now as I don't
believe it's possible to get any more ridiculous than this.