[Milton-L] Fetishizing Greatness, was Re: Is Paradise Lost

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 16:41:25 EDT 2009

Jim, what I find interesting in the example below (as well as those from the Tractatus) is that you have taken prose and changed it into poetry by imposing a recognizably poetic form onto it. We are forced to read it as poetry -- perhaps bad poetry, but poetry nonetheless.

This doesn't quite disprove your point, since the form is a distinction between prose and poetry, but it does put offer a different perspective on things.

Jeffery Hodges