[Milton-L] Re: Is Paradise Lost

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 22 08:18:40 EDT 2009

(I'm coming in late on this thread because last week I was desperately
trying to finish a paper on Rosa Luxemburg Historicizes the Present"
before I had to read it at Left Forum last Saturday. Just began reading
these yesterday.)

Scriblerus Tertius wrote:

> This discussion is starting to grate on my nerves.
>
> Dear Moderator,
> Can you play Milton the liscenser and ban jonnyangel?

I sympathize with the sentiment, but you can't really blame the first
car in line: that's a reference to the 'old days' of two-lane highways.
When a long string of cars built up behind a slow-moving car, the one to
blame was the second car. The first car was just doing its thing; the
second car, however, had presumably been driving faster to catch up with
the first, and hence he/she was the one who needed to pass the first
car, since it is _much_ harder to get around two cars than one. Same
thing here. Jonnyangel is just doing his thing; the one's to blame are
the one's who pick up his thing and run with it. Besides, every 5th or
6th post has something interesting to say by diverging from the nominal
topic.

Carrol