[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Apr 22 00:13:08 EDT 2009

.the
>intellectual effect of a quart of karo syrup poured over the brain.

Oh gross.

My dad came from upstate New York, and my aunt and uncle from there sent us a pint of real maple syrup with our Christmas presents every year. Loved it on pancakes and waffles, but best of all on really good butter pecan ice cream.

Imagine my surprise when I was a freshman at Duke, and breaksfast was pancakes, and there were big pitchers of .. Karo syrup. Gross!
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU, ret.
JMU Safe Zones supporter