[Milton-L] Re: Is Paradise Lost

Scriblerus Tertius scriblerustertius at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 08:35:26 EDT 2009

For someone who has fully functioning synapses, you certainly don't understand sarcasm yourself. Why do you think I was out to victimize you? I certainly didn't think you were demeaning me and I was merely returning the sardonic favor that you seemed to be doing. But maybe excessive amounts of drugs have left you permafried.

As for vacuous, please. Could you at least use more clever insults that "you're stupid and boring?" *Yawns* I'm not going to get into an intellectual pissing contest with you, but I'd like to think we've moved beyond high school. And, no, I'm not an academic, in case you were going to baselessly accuse me of snobbery. I, too, am a student, but I do not share your anti-academic feelings.

And, now, I'm going to disengage because I have more worthwhile things to do than post on a Milton listserv. Yes, that's right, I have a life, and haven't the time to constantly attend to these these vacuous, to use your word, e-mails.

Look, I¹m just saying there¹s a lot of letters in your name....(I wonder if
you run out of room on the ³name² line on forms). As for my synapses, they
have both guns drawn and more ammo than Sam Peckinpaugh¹s oeuvre. And when I
said that you obviously understood Milton far greater than I did, I was
being sarcastic about the irony of a Milton member calling for my
cyber-tongue to be cut off. And when I responded to your request to have
said tongue removed, I wasn¹t only thinking about ³Areopagitica²: rather, I
was thinking more about the general spirit of Milton (and I¹m not Catholic
either, so there¹s that). Also, you couldn¹t hit a sciatic nerve with a
rocket launcher at pointblank, so don¹t be lettin¹ false pride over-inflate
the vacuous balloon on your neck that you call a head.

Alright, now that the venomous fangs have been sufficiently milked, we can
be friends. I¹m on this list because I love Milton, and I would assume
that¹s why you¹re here as well. So let¹s stop the hatin¹, get back to the
lovin¹, and I¹ll leave you with a line from a song you¹ve probably heard a
1,000 times.

Peace, Love, and Billy Jack -

Jonathan B. Colburn

³I cannot praise a fugitive and cloister'd vertue, unexercis'd & unbreath'd,
that never sallies out and sees her adversary, but slinks out of the race,
where that immortall garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat.²

-John Milton