[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

jonnyangel junkopardner at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 01:37:03 EDT 2009

Because I'm short on time, lemme just ask you to put up what you believe to
be Bill's best sonnet (Let's "start" there).

In response, I'll put what I believe to be Milton's best sonnet, and then
we'll go from there.

So, hit me with your best shot.

JA

"In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I
learn from him. For instance, you can learn a lot from a dummy! (I can't
believe I just said that.) What I mean to say is that, um, well...ok, I've
got it! Do you remember those commercials that tried to convince everyone to
wear their seat belts while showing the crash test dummy's polypropylene
frontal lobe explode through their windshield and into a concrete wall?
Well, I learned a lot from that suicidal dummy. And that dummy is, in ways
that I don't have the words for, my superior."

‹ Ralph Waldo Emerson