[Milton-L] Absolute Freedom

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 14:48:19 EDT 2009

One response might be that God is perfectly good in his essence and would freely choose to act in ways that are good. For God to choose to act in an evil way would imply that something is distorting his own nature, some force greater than God, but that would mean that God is not absolutely free but susceptible to external compusion.

Jeffery Hodges

Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea

Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

Doctoral Thesis: Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic Texts

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

Home Address:

Gunyoung Apt. 102-204