[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 14:50:46 EDT 2009

Jeffrey Shoulson wrote:

"Until the MLA gets some sense and realizes the commercial value in instituting a playoff system, we'll never the know the real answer to this question anyway."

Jeffery Hodges concurs:

That's not a bad idea, but I think that the competition should be held like "Animal Face-Off" on the Discovery Channel.

'Shakespeare was a playwright who wrote some of England's greatest dramas. Milton was a poet who wrote what is disputably the greatest poem in English. But whose words had greater power? On Discussory Channel today, we'll see Shakespeare and Milton pitted against one another in a wild poetry slam to answer once and for all this overwhelming question.'

Jeffery Hodges

Until the MLA gets some sense and realizes the commercial value in instituting a playoff system, we'll never the know the real answer to this question anyway.

Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of English and Judaic Studies
University of Miami
PO Box 248145
Coral Gables, FL 33124-4632

(o) 305-284-5596