[Milton-L] Milton's Good God

Mitchell M. Harris mitchell.harris at augie.edu
Tue Apr 14 14:29:13 EDT 2009

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know that often we
academics are ashamed to self-promote our publishing achievements, but
I always greatly appreciate self-promotion on list-serves. It helps me
budget my book money for the year, and it also helps me work with our
librarians to make sure books that are desperately needed in our
collection are purchased and put into circulation. Unfortunately, the
publication and dissemination of publisher catalogues doesn't always
work in concert with how our library operates its budget year. So,
please, Miltonists, I think I can speak for all of us when I beg you
to announce your accomplishments openly and without hand-wringing. We
want to read your scholarship, and God knows my library needs your
books.

All the best,
	Mitch Harris

Mitchell M. Harris
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Augustana College
2001 S. Summit Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
(605) 274-4699
mitchell.harris at augie.edu

"Alack, when once our grace we have forgot,
Nothing goes right . . ."
				   - William Shakespeare