[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

Yuko Nii wahcenter at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 14 14:02:08 EDT 2009

Hey guys: I think that what you have here is a great topic for
exploration and development. Could be an interesting paper at one of
your conferences if  developed systematically. I will probably develop
the idea of "greatness" and "genius" in one of my own papers, taking
some spin from your discussions here. One possible criterion for
greatness is how much influence the individual or his work has had
over the human population for good or otherwise. And then there is the
question, "If Milton had written Paradise Lost and nobody read it,
would it still be a  great work?" If so, then why? All we do in art &
literature is measured in the human context. Terrance