[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:42:02 EDT 2009

Nancy -- why would you expect a definition of greatness from people
who think the question is inane?

Longinus would be a good starting point here, wouldn't it?  Emphasis
on the experience of reading for reader, seeking qualities within the
text which provoke that experience, objectifying a subjective
experience, etc.

Jim R