[Milton-L] RE: Don't Give Up Tony D!

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Tue Apr 14 11:56:41 EDT 2009

Ah dear Tony.  Please do not give up on the Milton list.  I go for weeks without finding anything interesting; like you, probably, every morning I have to go through three or four list serves to see what's cooking.  The first five or ten minutes are devoted to deleting things unread.  But every time I think about discontinuing the Milton list, another great thread will appear and I will find myself storing several items for future use that I would never have, in the ordinary course of reviewing the new scholarship and browsing in the NY & London Reviews, found.  the beauty of the internet is that all of God's infinitely variable creations are allowed to rub shoulders in a sort of angelic (as in Milton's Angelology) choir.  Remember, Nature loves weeds, philosophers are always trying to create gardens without them.  thank God for both.

jim watt