[Milton-L] Is Paradise Lost

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Tue Apr 14 11:34:23 EDT 2009

Amen, James Rovira!  Another list I respond to lately was asking for "favorite poems,'  which occasioned my saying I never understood questions of this nature.  In a New York minute I can tell you what poetry I NEED at any given moment.  Same for music.  Who in the world would bother trying to compare Beethoven and Chopin?  Or who could imagine the world, absent either or these, not irretrievably diminished?

Jim Watt