[Milton-L] Illustrated broadsheet of Milton's Paradise Lost!

Yuko Nii wahcenter at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 9 13:48:38 EDT 2009

Williamsburg Art & Historical Center

(718) 486-6012
www.wahcenter.net

milton at wahcenter.net

Dear English Arts Educators:

We are launching a special John Milton educational initiative for
schools and colleges. It is an illustrated broadsheet of Milton's
Paradise Lost!
PDF here:.
The original 44 pp hardcover printed in 1983 was sold out and has been
out of print for many years, although the art and the prose-line have
inspired a regeneration of interest in Milton’s work around the
world. See our last year’s Paradise Lost event on our web site. http://wahcenter.net/exhibits/2008/milton40
0/
All through last years Milton festival at our art center, we were told
that our activities had inspired individuals to re-read and in many
cases read for THE FIRST TIME Milton’s Paradise Lost, the greatest
single work of literature in the English language. Most of these new
readers were older adults. We believe that our broadsheet will produce
the same effect on a broader audience world-wide. Designed as a
reading INCENTIVE for college and high school students, it can be
distributed at libraries, bookstores and adult learning centers, as
well as in the classroom. It can easily be translated into any major
language. We will do this for large orders.
  You may already know that Holt Rinehart & Winston is using one of
Terrance Lindall’s Paradise Lost images in the 2009 high school
textbook, Title: Elements of Literature, Sixth Course ISBN No.:
9780030368820.

  What we are offering to schools: An 11 X 17 inch full color
broadsheet (see attached PDF). It is a unique folded broadsheet
(folded to 5.5 X 8.5 inches) that contains the entire synopsized
edition of Terrance Lindall’s rendition of John Milton’s Paradise
Lost. The beauty of this edition is that it is complete with exciting
images and is very inexpensive, such that schools can afford to hand
it out free at the beginning of the English literature course to all
the students in the class, inspiring their study of Milton’s work!
Translatable into any major language. The cost to schools is $2 each,
and for large enough orders, a further discount is possible.
Lindall’s art for Paradise Lost appears on the 2008 cover of Complete
Poetry and Essential Prose of John Milton, Random House 2008. Edited
by William Kerrigan, John Rumrich and Stephen M. Fallon Format:
Hardcover, 1392 pages ISBN: 978-0-679-64253-4 (0-679-64253-6) THIS
EDITION IS CALLED “THE DEFINITIVE MILTON OF OUR TIME” (NOW IN ITS
SECOND PRINTING)
Oxford’s major exhibit “CITIZEN MILTON” at the Bodleian Library,
Oxford has one of Lindall’s paintings on their web-site for their
exhibit honoring Milton’s 400th birthday, on the page Exhumations and
Destinies: ‘For Books are not absolutely Dead Things’
The  DVD movie of Terrance Lindall reciting Paradise Lost is also
available to schools. For information on this DVD inquire at Milton at wahcenter.net
Sample video on Youtube:
Milton’s Paradise Lost