[Milton-L] Health Comes First

jonnyangel junkopardner at comcast.net
Fri Apr 10 07:32:20 EDT 2009

Believe it or not, but my health doesn¹t come before Milton.
If a medical professional told me that I had to quit reading Milton or I
would wind up on a hospice bed that I would never get out of,
I would choose Milton. But then you would say I made that choice because I
wasn¹t in my right mind, or that I was suicidal -
effectively stealing all of Milton¹s thunder and my passion for the sound of
his thunder.
And when the thunder that you¹ve stolen eventually fades into silence,
listen closely, and you will hear the faint splash of Virginia Woolf jumping
into the dark water
with nothing in her pockets but a rock heavier than your struggle to
survive.

Raising a glass to your health,