[Milton-L] Political and Correct

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Mon May 26 19:35:30 EDT 2008

My parents were both veterans of a foreign war, Hannibal: WWII, in England. What they saw--Lord HawHaw and the devastation of London--the incendiary bombs and man's cruetly toward his brother--was no different from what our kids are facing today in Iraq . . . Afghanistan . . . or any other theatre in this endless stupidity called war . . .

except that technology has grown, and our capacity to kill one another efficiently has grown commensurately,

My message was for all soldiers, everywhere, and all the grown men who sent kids off to die.

I'm sorry that you couldn't get past the politics to the humanity that lies behind the spirit of this holiday. We don't celebrate the bureaucrats who sent them--just the kids who willingly went, their sweet and innocent patriotic lives on the line, not knowing if they'd come home, but believing that they were there to serve a Higher Cause. God bless them, even if you won't. I think John Milton would have.

Carol Barton