[Milton-L] Political and Correct

jfleming at sfu.ca jfleming at sfu.ca
Mon May 26 16:13:26 EDT 2008

(I'm afraid I can't resist.) It's also worth noting that, in the halcyon
days before the US military became Pure Evil Inc., 60 years ago (according
to the aggrieved poster), it was a rigorously racist (segregated)
institution -- whereas now, as far as I understand, it has become one of the
most rigorously color-blind institutions in US society. The turning-point?
1948, when Truman ordered military desegregation: 60 years ago. So is the
claim that Evil emerged when black soldiers began to be treated, officially
at least, as people? Or -- almost worse -- that it didn't matter? JDF