[Milton-L] This is an off-topic message, and it is NOT political

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sun May 25 19:38:45 EDT 2008

.or six English sailors who died in Torpedo Alley. .

I meant to say - the only six whose bodies were recovered - two are buried at Buxton andour at Okracoke. Partof my brain is still on the beach! The names of all who perished on the Bedfordshire are listed at Okracoke.  Each spring the local Coast Guard and officals from the British Embassey have a memorial event and wreath laying ceremony.

If any of you ever get to the Outer Banks, I urge you to visit these two very moving places.

.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant