[Milton-L] This is an off-topic message, and it is NOT political

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sun May 25 19:29:45 EDT 2008

.
>   It's a thank you from the bottom of my heart to
>   those who wore and wear the uniform . . . .

Thanks for this. I am just back from my annual week at the Outer Banks of NCwhere I visit each year the grave sites in Buxton and on Okracoke that are jointly maintained by the English and the local Coast Guard unit for six English sailors who died in Torpedo Alley. I pray for them and their families, and for the whole crew and thier families of the armed trawler Bedfordshire, which was lost with all hands. Only four bodies were recovered - they lie in the little cemetary on Okracoke. The Bedfordshire was built as an arctic trawler, and was converted by the addition, if I remember correctly, of a 50 mil deck gun and depth charges.

These too were brave ones. I honor them too.

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant