[Milton-L] Nigel Smith's Milton in Time Magazine

Beth Quitslund quitslun at ohio.edu
Sun May 18 13:59:14 EDT 2008

Just a word of clarification: I disagree with quite a lot of Gary Taylor's
decisions as a textual editor (don't get me started on the New Oxford/Norton
Complete version of Richard III), but he is a very well-established one and a
prolific Shakespearean critic. That said, having a nearly exclusively
Shakespearean scholar write the Time essay was rather openly stacking the deck.

Beth