[Milton-L] Transportation from Heathrow or Gatwick (for IMS9)

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Tue May 6 18:05:46 EDT 2008

Yes, John: should have made that clearer. I've paid L40 in the past for a black cab, and L35 for another livery service--so I thought this was a really good deal. I've also let them know that I will be telling all of you about their service, so if enough people are interested, you might want to get together and contact them about arranging a group rate.

Re the Heathrow Express--that's fine, if you're only going to Paddington, but taking the tube anywhere from there is a miserable experience, with a couple of bags (or a laptop and one bag, etc.). Unless they've modernised it since I was last there (four years ago, now), there are no escalators, and precious few elevators, anywhere in the system.

Best to all,

Carol Barton