[Milton-L] Exhibit and link

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 19:15:25 EDT 2008

Professor Geraghty,

Earlier, you mentioned:

"I remember Alexander Gill referencing that God weaving himself into human flesh at Christ's Nativity sanctifies and redeems human flesh to the point it transcendentalizes it and makes it abhorrent to Satan."

Couldl you supply the reference? Also, was this Alexander Gill the Elder or the Younger? And did the sanctified flesh become abhorrent to Satan because holiness and impurity are incompatible?

I've posted your remark, along with James Rovira's remarks, at my blog (which I hope is okay with the two of you) because I wanted to keep them for easy reference:

http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2008/06/john-milton-transcendentalizing-flesh.html

If you want to add any comment there, feel free.

Jeffery Hodges