[Milton-L] Abdiel

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Thu Jun 26 21:25:08 EDT 2008

Michael,

Your comments and also Dennis's are quite helpful.  Thanks.

I don't think I meant to deny the role of thinking in temptation.  There's
obviously a gestation period, as indicated in the brief biblical allegory about
Sin and Death that Milton puts to use:  "But every man is tempted, when he is
drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it
bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death" (James
1:14-15).

Cheers,

Jameela

--