[Milton-L] 17th century poetry query

duran0 duran0 at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:50:19 EDT 2008

Dear all,

Could you please copy me with your responses too?  I have a collection of
³flowers in poetry and through the centuries² that I use for
town-and-gowning to horticulturalists, gardeners, May-dayers.  A few months
ago (perhaps years ago?) the list helped me remember William Carlos
Williams¹ ³Asphodel, That Greeny Flower.²  It is all Milton-related of
course.  As Hannibal on the list knows from a conference, I believe the
violet flower in WCW¹s ³Raleigh Was Right² alludes to Milton¹s ³L¹Allegro.²

BTW: Thanks to all those who answered about my Bible as Lit question a few
weeks back.  The syllabus is almost all complete, and I am very excited
about the course.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
Purdue University
500 Oval Drive / Heavilon Hall
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
U.S.A.