[Milton-L] 17th century poetry query

Shannon Miller smiller at temple.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:14:57 EDT 2008

Dear Miltonists,
This is a much broader 17th century poetry question posed to me by a
colleague:  I was hoping that individual members of the Milton list would be
willing to consider it.  My colleague recalls two 17th century poems on
sunflowers, but can't seem to find them.  He describes the poems as follows:
"The gist of it was that like the sunflower that follows the sun across the
sky, our souls hunger for heaven."  I was able to find two later examples,
but they are rather obscure.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Off-list responses would be greatly
appreciated!

Best,  Shannon Miller