[Milton-L] PS

Alice Crawford Berghof aberghof at uci.edu
Thu Jun 26 03:13:32 EDT 2008

One last thought: Jim, it will take me weeks to contemplate the
implications of your Kierkegaard posting.  I am quoting an excerpt
here:

"This is why the
fruit is the fruit of the tree of knowledge -- we grasp something
concrete, finite, and self-defining in response to anxiety, and this
grasping is usually something sinful but familiar."

I think this is where our views overlap.  In my reading,
personification is the "sinful but familiar" thing that Adam and Eve
grasp, in a rhetorical sense, when confronted with the divine or the
infinite.
Alice