[Milton-L] apologies to Carrol

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 15:46:12 EDT 2008

Alice, it is Carrol Cox's self-professed provocative style to be at times "deliberately ungracious":

http://lists.richmond.edu/pipermail/milton-l/2008-March/006950.html

As John Leonard notes, of course, many conversations -- even some of Carrol's -- continue off-list. Your offer to continue the conversation with Jim Rovira offlist was obviously meant as a courtesy to others on the Milton List, and your apology, while gracious, is therefore supererogatory.

That said, I join John Leonard and Carrol Cox in an expression of interest in the details.

Jeffery Hodges