[Milton-L] Abdiel

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Tue Jun 24 16:05:28 EDT 2008

thanks, again, Michael, for keeping this alive.  'Fallen' and 'Un-fallen' are categories and, as such, suspect to prophets as well as poets.  Since our man was both, one needs be a little circumspect in using them.

Remember Blake: 'Contraries are NOT negations' and 'without Contraries there is no progression.'  Given the entire subject of P.L. is progress and given the fact that P.R. makes absolutely no sense unless Jesus is completely human, one would be wise to avoid the company of folks betting on categories and ignoring the incredibly multivalent and unspooling life all around them.  As i recall it is the inhabitants of (their own self-realized) Hell who hoot Abdiel out out of their company.

Jim Watt