[Milton-L] Exhibit and link

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:02:50 EDT 2008

Jeffery --

I think this depends upon what you mean by "transcendentalizing the
flesh."  For example, you do acknowledge a hierarchy in the passage
from PL, but don't you think the body/spirit opposition (hostility) is
maintained in that quotation from PL?  Our physical bodies are
"transformed to spirit" and "improved."  Depending on how you read
this passage, this idea is very different from saying that our bodies
are transformed from one type of body to another while our spirit
remains something distinct from, though united to, our physical body,
as described by Paul in 1 Cor.  It appears to me in this passage that
our body transforms into spirit, so that we exist as pure spirit when
the process is complete.  I should search other relevant context in
PL, but these are my first thoughts on the matter.