[Milton-L] IMS9 travel

Julia Walker walker at geneseo.edu
Mon Jun 23 16:48:11 EDT 2008

Actually, the train thing has gotten a bit pricey -- £14.50 one way,
tourist.  It's a wonderful convenience at the airport, true, but when
you get to Paddington, you still have to stand in line and pay for a
cab.  The last two times I took one from Paddington to Gower St, just
across from UCL, it was over £11, exclusive of tip.  So, even if you
aren't getting in at midnight (when all cabs cost more) you might
want to weigh math & convenience.  Ladycabs quoted me £40 for pick-up
at Heathrow 3.

julia